The Cyprus Red Cross Society (C.R.C.S.) was founded in 1950 as a branch of the British Red Cross. After the nomination of the Cyprus Democracy, and once Cyprus had access to the conditions of Geneva, the C.R.C.S., was established as legal on the basis of Law 39 of 1967.
The C.R.C.S., just like every Red Cross, immediately adopted the principles which govern the existence and define the nature of the organization. From the start, it functioned on a Pancyprian scale and its members came from all communities of the country, Greeks, Turks, Armenians, Maronites, Latins, English and other foreigners which lived in Cyprus.
The C.R.C.S. was recognized on the 23 February 2012, by the International Committee Red Cross (ICRC) and admitted on the 12 November 2013 in the Internation Ferederation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and constitutes the 188th member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
The C.R.C.S. is the largest organization of Cyprus and amongst others it helps prevent and alleviate human suffering and supports individuals and communities prepare for, and respond to emergencies, in times of peace and war, without any discrimination as to race, gender, age, social, religion or politics. Specifically it offers material and ethical support to the poor, ill and disabled, grants wheelchairs, gives special help to patients, disabled, elderly etc, helps cover all the needs of those who are captured, offers First Aid lessons, organizes blood donations, helps confront emergencies, covers the needs of migrants, organizes campaigns for various social, environmental, health issues, offers tracing services and restoring family links etc.
|Number of Employees||1-50|
3 Kypriakou Erythrou Stavrou , Strovolos , Nicosia 2063 , Cyprus
P.O. Box: 25374
P.O. Box Postal Code: 1309
+357 22 666 955
+357 22 666 956