The Cyprus Computer Society (CCS) is a professional, scientific and independent non-profit organization, founded in 1984 with the aim of developing, upgrading and promoting the IT sector in Cyprus.
CCS seeks to set high standards among industry professionals, recognizing the impact that Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) has on employment, business, society and the quality of life of the citizen. Playing a key role in connecting academics with the professional sector, the Association promotes key issues in the industry, especially in the fields of digital literacy, professional skills, professionalism, education, training and research.
As the foremost body for the promotion of the ICT sector, CCS expresses its views on behalf of its members to national authorities on strategic ICT issues and participates in European and other projects by developing multilateral partnerships with the academic community, governmental, public, private and non-governmental organizations. In collaboration with stakeholders, and with the valuable contribution of volunteers, the Society undertakes activities, events and competitions held for the benefit of professionals, teachers, students, pupils, and friends of ICT in Cyprus.
The Association currently represents more than 1000 members, professionals and ICT students, while thousands of people, children, young people, parents, unemployed, employers and employees have benefited from actions taken with the aim of digital development.
The Cyprus Computer Society to be the leading and independent association of promotion, development and implementation of the Information Society and Knowledge in Cyprus and to maintain and upgrade the profession of Information Technology for the benefit of the society and its members.
- To be the main network of IT Professionals in Cyprus
- To become established as the leading independent IT Certification Organisation in Cyprus
- To raise the profile and promote the views of Cyprus’ informatics professionals to other National, European and International Organizations and Institutions.
- To promote the development of the Information society at all levels of the financial, professional and social activities in Cyprus through digital literacy, skills, education and training, research, and professionalism.
- Pancyprian Student Olympiad in Informatics
- Robotex Cyprus
- Cyprus Cyber Security Challenge
- BEBRAS Challenge Cyprus
- World Robot Olympiad (WRO) - Cyprus
- Youth and Student Educational Activities
- Professional events (conferences, talks, seminars) and social activities (networking)
- Participation in European Funded Projects
- ECDL Cyprus
|Number of Employees||1-50|
11 Florinis Street , City Forum , Floor: 3, Flat/Office: 303 , Nicosia 1641 , Cyprus
P.O. Box: 27038
+357 22 460 680
+357 22 767 349